Saturday, June 21, 2008

saturday rage. #1

Alright, today I'll cut straight to the cheese with a few of my favorites and whatnot. I've been a bit late to climb on the boat but Tilly & The Wall, Tegan & Sara, Metric are absolutely amazing. I've been realizing that the amount of female singers in the indie/alternative scene has been climbing over the past year or so, and the amount of talented ones has doubled. So I decided to feature a few of the ones that I've observed for a while for you guys to listen to.

Remember, the mp3's are up for a temporary time, and are used for purposes that have to do with reviewing and learning to like different artists. If you want to support them, go out and buy the album, or EP. It really does help the artists, particularly in the indie scene.



Tilly & The Wall - Omaha, Nebraska.
Latest release: the album 'O,' was released last Tuesday.
Rating: 4/5.
For People who Like: Jenny Lewis with the Watson twins, Tegan & Sara, Rilo Kiley, Of Montreal, Metric



Beat Control - Tilly And The Wall

http://www.box.net/shared/l0c5vdqasc - 'Beat Control' Mp3.



Cacophony - Tilly and the Wall

http://www.box.net/shared/nhov884084 - 'Pot Kettle Black' Mp3.

http://www.box.net/shared/lb6acpm4o0 - 'The Freest Man [CSS Remix]' Mp3.

--------------------------------------------------------------

'Lights,' from Toronto, CA

check her out at www.myspace.com/lightsnoise

for fans of: neversaynever, kill paradise, jukebox hero, brandie carlile, olivia broadfield

Another notable musician I want to bring to you is a girl that names herself 'Lights.' Is it just me or does it seem to be a growing trend to be only known by a single sur or first name? I mean, there's 'Adele,' 'Duffy,' 'Pink,' and so on. But this girl's pretty good, she has a new/wave, electronic sound to her, and she's going to be appearing at a couple dates of the Vans Warped Tour. Unfortunately the Warped Tour isn't coming anywhere within 4 hours of where I live.

--------------------
Here's some mp3's and remixes for you guys.
- Olivia Broadfield 'Lost in You' Mp3.
- Jukebox Hero 'Good Day' Mp3.
- Tegan & Sara 'Back in Your Head' (Disco Remix ) Mp3.
- Adele 'Cold Shoulder,' [Jazz Remix] Mp3.

I'll be updating again, probably today. I've got a couple other favorites and freebies featured by some artists that I want to everyone to listen to.

No comments: