Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Academy Is... NEW MUSIC!

The Academy is - Chicago, IL
Alright, so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect from this band. It seems like Fueled by Ramen bands these days are getting much more attention than a lot of better unsigned indie bands, but I have to admit I was impressed with TAI's new work. They released their first single off their up and coming album Fast Times at Barrington High [which comes out August 19th.] After listening to it, sure it's a bit poppy fluff, but I was suprised with the lead singer William Beckett's vocals which have drastically improved. Formerly rather a bit whiny sort of voice, it's now a lot more nice for the ears and makes you at least want to start headbopping to this teenage anthem - which I sounds odd, yes I know. But I promise you, give it a listen! It's catchy stuff, but that's probably the purpose of it. And hey, it's a guilty pleasure, but not the bad sort like a lot of the mainstream music I've oddly found himself addicted to these days. So have a listen at 'About a Girl,' the newest single released by The Academy Is.

About a Girl - The Academy Is...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello
tai = love